Pages

Friday 2 August 2019

Narrative Writing

Thursday 1 August
I am learning to write a narrative story and use similes, metaphors and
personifications.
Prompt:
My mums mirror


“Are you sure he’s alright” asked Maya mysteriously “
He’s been like that ever since Saturday, when his mum died in the fire,” Riley answered.
“Hey Callum, are you alright? you’ve been staring at the water for 15 minutes” Maya asked him. 


“Your mother was as beautiful as a rose , she wouldn’t want you to be sad” Riley cried ,
“Thanks, I come here every day , my mum loved this beach. 
She would always come and wave her long shiny dark black hair reflecting onto the water as if it were
her own mirror” “When I look at this “mirror” I see her flipping her hair around ,smiling ,
this is my favourite beach now.  The water is my mum's very own mirror” Callum wiped his tears and
walked away. 

I sat beside him quietly and we sat for a long while.
Callum came to his sense and we left the beach holding each other’s hands. 
It was comforting and sad at the same time.

1 comment: