Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 2

Day 2 - It’s All in a Day’s work.
Activity 1 - A House or a Home.
On your blog, compare the wharepuni to your own home. What are two similarities and two differences between a wharepuni and your house?

The first thing that is similar about the 2 houses is  when you come inside you have to take off your shoes.

The second thing that is similar about the houses is that they both have a door and windows

The first thing that is different between the 2 houses is that the wharepuni has a roof that I think is made out of flax. My mum’s house roof is made from tin, I think.

The second thing that is different about the 2 houses is that the wharepuni has crazy carvings on the door and our door is plain wood.


Activity 2 - The Rules Of Engagement.
What is your dream job? Draw a picture of yourself doing your dream job and post it on your blog. You could be a doctor, an actor or even a zookeeper! I have drawn myself taking a picture of a beautiful castle in Poland because I would love to become a travel blogger and photographer one day.

For my dream job I would like to be a photographer.
Bonus Activity - Special Meals
On your blog, post a picture of your favourite meal. Be sure to tell us what it is and why it is your favourite. You could also include the recipe if you have it so that we can all try it!



My favourite meal is called Sipi and my mum makes it at home, it is very delicious. Sipi is made from lamb, it is my favourite meal because I like Tongan meals and sipi is one of the best Tongan meals. I love it because when I was little my mum use to cook sipi with other Tongan food for me and my brother . Sipi is softer than steak and easier to eat  It feels soft and smooth in my mouth.
Lu Sipi (taro leaf with lamb)
Image result for sipi with lamb



Cut meat into bite size pieces. Measure other ingredients accordingly. Cut out a piece of foil for each lu sipi. Lay several lu leaves(taro leaves on the aluminum foil overlapping the leaves on top of each other. Spread out several pieces of sipi(lamb) on top of the lu leaves. Put onion pieces into the lu sipi. Pour coconut milk as desired. Gather lu leaves around, and fold the foil close. Bake on cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until cooked.

18 comments:

  1. Hey there Dianne, thanks for completing another three activities! Great job! You are doing so well and I am really impressed with the quality of your answers.

    I like the way you have organised your recipe. It reads well and is easy to follow. That looks like a delicious meal. What time of year would you eat this?

    I would love to try it sometime. What do you mean when you say 'lu sipi'?

    Thanks, blog soon, Billy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting on my blog, I would eat lu sipi in summer. I am not going answering your second question because I don't get it. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Hi Dianne,
    Lusipi is delicious my family mostly eats it on Sunday. By the way I love how you want to be a photographer.

    Merry Christmas,
    Silia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Silia for commenting on my blog. I will make sure that I will comment on your blog. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Diannie,
    I also love Lusipi. I like your explanation and the ingredients.
    I also Like how you drew your picture.

    All the best Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lily, thank you so much for commenting on my blog. I will make sure to comment on your blog. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Dianne, glad to hear you would like to be a photographer. What sort of things would you like to photograph? People? Buildings? Animals? Landscapes?

    I'd love to hear more about where you would travel to take photos too.

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Billy, I would like to photograph Landscapes, People and Buildings. Also, thank you so much for commenting on my blog and I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  5. Hi Dianne,
    Outstanding work My family loves Lu sipi all the time and we mostly eat it on sundays.I love the way how you organized your work.

    By Akesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Akesa, thank you so much for commenting on my blog. I will make sure to comment on your blog. :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Dianne,
    I Love the way how you wanted to become a photographer maybe you will get an oppertunity of takeing photo's of famouse people.

    By Akesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Akesa, thank you so much for commenting on my blog again. Thank you for what you said. :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Dianne, Akesa, Silia, Lily and Billy,

    It is great to see that the five of you have been posting comments and having conversations online over the summer holiday. This is such a great example of the awesome learning, creating and sharing that can take place when we are at home and on a break from school. I love it!

    I hope that you are enjoying learning about each other and sharing your ideas. Dianne, you do a great job of answering each of the questions that people ask you and explaining why you aren't able to answer others. I think that Billy was asking what 'Lu Sipi' means because he isn't familiar with the dish and wasn't entirely sure if he was supposed to call it 'Lu Sipi' or just 'Sipi.' Do the two names mean the same thing? Is 'Lu Sipi' the same as 'Sipi'?

    I would love to know the answer to that question, as well, because I know that I still have a lot to learn about different foods and different cultures. Speaking of different cultures, did you know that we Canadians love to eat a dish called 'poutine' for lunch? It is a bowl of chips that are covered in gravy and cheese. They taste almost like mashed potatoes and gravy except that the potatoes have been cut into long chips. If you'd like to see a picture of poutine, feel free to check it out:http://cinegenre.net/how-to-make-delicious-poutine-at-home/

    What do you think about the idea of poutine? Would you ever try it? I know that it probably sounds little bit strange but we, Canadians, love it!

    Keep up the great work with you blogging, Dianne, and with your commenting. You are setting an awesome example.

    Best,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Rachel, Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. Lu Sipi is big green leaf with lamb, the leaf is also wrapped around the sipi. it's super delicious.

    Sipi is just lamb. I think the poutine is very creative and looks tasty. I would love to try the poutine one day, thank you for sharing the website with me, the picture really got me.

    Best,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dianne
    My name is Christopher
    I really loved your recipe on Lu Sipi , you must be a great chef. When I saw that picture of Lu Sipi I started drooling .

    Well done Dianne keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete