Pages

Tuesday 26 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 1

Week 2 Day 1 - The Early Years (Late 1800s – 1919)
Activity 1
Use your search engine to find a picture of another famous cathedral.
Post a picture of the cathedral on your blog.
Underneath the picture tell us: the name of the cathedral, where the cathedral is located,
when it was built, and how long it took to build.


Image result for Salisbury Cathedral
The Name of the Cathedral is called Salisbury Cathedral.
The Cathedral is located at 6 The Close, Salisbury, United Kingdom.
The Salisbury Cathedral was built in 1220.
The Salisbury Cathedral took 38 years to build.


Activity 2 - The Right to Vote
On your blog tell us what you think about the fact that women were not allowed to
vote in Saudi Arabia until 2015. Is it fair? Why or why not?


I think that it’s not fair because the women do everything like laundry, dishes,
dinner and other housework. The men just watch TV all day and sometimes work.
Women should have rights the same as men. They should be able to get a job and also
have say on who runs their country.


Bonus Activity - In Flanders Fields
On your blog, tell us what you think of the poem. Do you like it? How does it make you
feel?

I like the poem because I like it how it rhymes. I can never think of any words that
rhyme with the words in the poem. It makes me feel very, very sad because people
who were fighting for us died. The poppies red colour remind us of those people who
spilled their blood to keep us safe.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Dianne, what a lovely Cathedral you have chosen. I think that it's a very nice cathedral and they must have put lots of effort into it. I also think it's fair for men and women to vote because men can vote so why can't woman? it's not like it's a bad thing it just makes the world more fair. The poem is very sad isn't it you also have a good point about the poppies it does remind you of the blood because they are the same color.

    Keep up the great work!
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hey Mia, thank you so much for commenting on my blog. I will make sure to comment on your blog. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi again Dianne, thanks for completing another set of activities. I really like this cathedral you have chosen. It looks like an old castle!
    What made you choose it?

    Thanks for providing the address as well. I am moving to the United Kingdom next year so maybe I could visit it. It's crazy to think this cathedral was built around 800 years ago!

    Why do you think it took 38 years to build?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Billy, thank you for commenting on my blog I really appreciate it. I chose this Cathedral is because the look of it. It kind of reminded me of Harry Potter. I also chose because I wanted to find something about it.

      I think it took 38 years to build it because they took to many breaks and probably was too tired to build.

      Delete
    2. Hey Dianne, you're right! It also reminds me of Harry Potter. Do you like the Harry Potter movies and books? Which is your favourite one?

      Thanks for replying and answering my questions :)
      Billy

      Delete
  3. Hey Dianne, thank you for sharing your thoughts on the voting situation for women in Saudi Arabia. I agree women work really hard and deserve to have a voice in politics. It's a shame that it has taken Saudi Arabia so long to grant women the right to vote but at least it has finally happened. They're so far behind though, other countries gave women the right to vote many many decades ago.

    I've also really enjoyed reading your thoughts on the poem, 'In Flanders Fields'. It's cool when a poem rhymes. It made me feel sad too but also grateful for the soldiers who gave their lives, as well as the families who lost husbands, brothers and sons. Their lives would have changed dramatically.

    Thanks for sharing, keep up the awesome blogging!
    Billy

    ReplyDelete