Pages

Monday 16 December 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 1

Monday 16 December 
Summer Learning Journey
Week 1
Day 1: Explorers
Activity 1: Setting Sail
  1. I would take plenty of water because I can’t live without water and I think that that water is just something that you can not live without.
  2. I would take Fruits because it is so delicious and healthy for me, I would also take fruits because I really love fruits especially mangoes which is my favourite fruit.
  3. I would also take Otai because it is such a fresh drink and it is so flavoury which I really love. 
  4. I would also take spicy noodles because I really love spicy food I would love something take would make me hot when I am cold.
  5. I would take some soda with me because I can’t just drink water, I have to drink something other than water.
  6. I would also take cold food like ice cream, ice blocks and more because I do love cold food. 
  7. I would take some chips and also spicy chips because I really love chips. I really love the different flavours.
  8. I would also take cook meat because I can’t live without meat and it is really tasty, I would take like mince and steak and others.
  9. I would take pies because I feel like it is a very very good breakfast for me because it makes me hot which I like it when I am cold.
  10. I would take chocolate because why not? Like who wouldn’t take chocolate with them?


Activity 2: Discovering Aotearoa 
My parents come from Tonga, my mother (Ana) is from Pea and my father (Toni) is from Lapaha, I have 6 siblings and my siblings were born in New Zealand and grew up in New Zealand. I was born in America and I was raised in New Zealand by my parents, I have three brothers and three sisters and I love them all. My experience being a Tonga so far is crazy because there are lots of crazy things that Tongans do they go all out when they are dancing but I love it how they show their passion for dance, I really love being a Tongan person.


Activity 3: Scaling New Heights
I have chosen 2 because I couldn’t decide on 1 and I also wanted to do 2 because I really liked these 2 charities. 

One of them is SPCA (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) and SPCA helps protect the animals every year, they protect over 40,000 animals in New Zealand. They help animals who are injured, sick, abused or simply abandoned, I have chosen this because it is just so sad that the animals are dying or who have been injured. I have also chosen this one because I really love animals and they don’t deserve to be ill. 

Animals helped by SPCA Centres - 40k
Animals desexed and microchipped thanks to SPCA - 29.6k
Schools given access to our free SPCA Education resources - 2.5k


The other one I chose is Air Rescue and Air Rescue keep their helicopters and air ambulance to keep a look out just in case something wrong is happening or someone is in danger. I have chosen this because I think that this is an AWESOME idea because there are many dangerous things that are happening in this world. There was a Volcano that exploded in New Zealand and I didn’t even know about it since today.

Rescue Missions - 14,000
Days a Year - 365

Per Year - $7 Million

10 comments:

  1. Malo e Lelei Dianne,
    Its me Christopher. You did amazing espicially on the last activity because you have a lot of detail.

    But if take pies and spicy noodles with you it will be cold by the time you eat it. Are you one of those craxy tongans? Which charity do you think has accomplished more?

    Besides that you did an amazing job! Good luck for the rest of the Summer Learning Journey!

    Malo Aupito
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Christopher,
      Thank you for commenting on my blog, you make a quite good point I think I'm just gonna have to eat it cold because I don't want waste it and No I am not one of those crazy Tongans, Aha.

      I'm not sure which charity has accomplished more but I do think that it is the Air Rescue, which one do you think has accomplished more?

      Thank you, Good luck for you for the rest of the Summer Learning Journey! I can't wait to read your blogging!

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Dianne,
    I just wanted to say that your blogging looks great especially on the last activity where you have used a lot of detail and copy and paste, aha. When you said you would bring soda because you can't just drink water you could just drink the Otai which is delicious and refreshing.

    Good Luck for the rest of the SLJ blogging!

    Ka Kite,
    Laki!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Laki,
      Thank you for commenting on my blog, I try my best to add more details. Yes!, you are right, I have copied and paste the Charity information.

      You are also right, Otai is delicious and refreshing that's why I would bring Otai.

      Good luck for the rest of the SLJ blogging to you too!.

      Delete
  3. Hi Dianne.
    It's Lukas.
    I wanna say your blog looks awesome but could you put some picture in or do it on a DLO so it would look so much more intresting. Also check your spelling and punctuation after writing because some of it is wrong.
    But other than that keep up the awesome work!

    Good luck for the rest of your SLJ blogs!

    Kind Regards
    Lukas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lukas,
      Thank you for commenting on my blog and you are right, I should use some pictures or do it in a DLO. I think those tips would really help, Thanks for the tips!.

      Thanks for noticing my errors, you are very helpful!. Thanks again and good luck for the rest of the programme to you too!.


      Delete
  4. Hi Dianne,
    it's good to see that you are doing the Summer Learning Journey, for activity 1, I like how you would take food items like pies,ice cream and chocolate. I didn't think of bringing chocolate.

    What else would you bring/take?
    Jerome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dianne,
    Great work on doing the Summer Learning Journey, for activity 2, I like your explanation of where you're family comes from, you have provided the readers with some good information.

    Great work
    Jerome

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dianne,
    Great job on completing the first week of the Summer Learning Journey, For activity 3, I like that you chose to do two charities instead of one which is extra work but great job on completing it.

    Keep up the great work
    Jerome

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kia ora Dianne,

    Yes you've done such a great job on your activities! I really like that you have put all 3 activities into one post, it makes it easy for us to mark it!
    I also love how passionate Tongans are with their dancing and singing. You can't help but to smile and have fun! I really respect the culture and join in when I can.

    Keep up the awesome work!

    Cheers,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete