Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey

Day 4. More than meets the eye
Activity 1
  1. What were your feelings with you were climbing the mountain?
  2. When you were younger, what did you want to be?
  3. Why did you want to climb that mountain?
  4. What have you been doing your whole life?
  5. Did you ever know that you were going to be on the $5 dollar note?


Activity 2
My favourite food to eat is butter chicken.

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoon oil
  • 1 medium onion diced
  • 1 teaspoon fresh ginger finely minced or grated (or use paste)
  • 2-3 cloves garlic finely minced or crushed
  • 1 ½ pounds about 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ¾-inch chunks
  • 1 can 6 oz. tomato paste (or 8-10 oz can of tomato sauce)
  • 1 tablespoon garam masala
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder or paprika, adjust to taste
  • 1 teaspoon Fenugreek I use powder, but seeds or mustard seeds can be used too, optional*
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1 cup heavy cream sub for half & half or yogurt for low fat
  • Hot cooked rice and naan for serving


Instructions

  1. Heat a large skillet or medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and onions and cook onions down until lightly golden, about 3-4 minutes. Add ginger and garlic and let cook for 30 seconds, stirring so it doesn’t burn.
  2. Add the chicken, tomato paste, and spices. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until everything is cooked through.
  3. Add the heavy cream and simmer for 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally. Serve over Basmati rice or with naan.
Activity 3

8 comments:

  1. Hi Dianne,

    I've really been enjoying your blog!

    The butter chicken recipe has me hungry, which is just as well as it's almost dinner time. Ho long hae you been eating butter chicken? It seems like a really popular meal around here! I'm having nachos for dinner which is my son's favourite. Have you tried them?

    For your hotel, the picture is great! I'd like to stay there. I was wondering if you can describe it for me in some more detail. I'd love to hear about it and why you designed it that way!

    Have a really merry Christmas, you're amazing!
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee,
      Thank you for commenting on my blog and I appreciate it, I don't know how long I have been eating butter chicken. No, I have not tried nachos but I would like to one day.

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Dianne,

    I think your hotel room looks amazing! Have you thought of a name for this hotel? Where would you like to build this hotel? I've come across some students who have told me that they want their hotel to be right in front of a beach, on an isolated piece of land and much more..! What about you?

    Also, it would be great if you could tell me what you would use to build the structure of this hotel. Would it be wood? metal? or even gold? I'd love to know!

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Susie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Susie,
      I have never thought of a name for the hotel and I was thinking to build the hotel near cities so that they can have a amazing and awesome view.

      I would like the hotel be made of bricks because I feel like if there is like a tsunami then the hotel will be able to survive. But then I would love to paint over the bricks because I think that the brick's colour is so plain.

      Thanks, Susie
      Dianne

      Delete
    2. Good afternoon Dianne,

      Thank you for taking your time to reply to my comments.

      I think painting over the bricks would be a brilliant idea! Do you think you'll choose one colour or have some sort of drawing on the building walls with multiple colours?

      Ka kite,
      Susie

      Delete
    3. Good afternoon Susie,
      I think that buildings will just be like 2 or 3 colors and if I had to chose then I would choose blue - because that is my favourite colour, red - because that colour represents the Tongan flag and white - because everyone needs white in their life.

      Ka Kite, Susie
      Dianne

      Delete
    4. Mōrena Dianne,

      Thank you for sharing your design ideas with me! Blue is also my favourite colour but I always have a hard time choosing one out of so many different shades of blue. So if someone asks me what my favourite colour is, I tell them that the colour of the ocean is my favourite colour! :D

      Kia pai to rā,
      Susie

      Delete
    5. Mōrena Susie,
      Thank you for sharing of what your favourite colour is and just like any blue.

      Thanks, Susie
      Dianne

      Delete