Pages

Saturday 11 January 2020

Summer Learning Journey Week 4 Day 4

Thursday 9 January 
Week 4: All the World’s a Stage
Day 4: Arty Designers
Activity 1: Fashion Forward
Twenty Seven Names wasn’t their name at first, they got Twenty Seven Names by naming it Love Lies Bleeding but they changed it after finding out that the name was copyrighted by a US company. So they named it Twenty Seven Names because there were 27 people who supported their business along the way. I think that it is a great name and they should keep it the same. 

Activity 2: Try your own Tapa
Each pattern describes that with God and your family you can get anywhere like the diamonds, it’s like a mountain, no matter how high or tough is you can still get up there. The circle in the middle, it’s like a maze, no matter or complicated it is, you can still get there you just have to keep trying and that’s the same for all of the patterns. Even in real life, keep trying and try your best. 
Activity 3: Top Secret Street Art
Similarities:
  • They are both based on people
  • Kind of have the same colors
  • They are both famous 
  • They both are showing their faces

Differences:

  • They are different Genders
  • Muhammad Ali’s one is smaller then Joel Hart’s one
  • Joel’s art has butterflys and Muhammad has colors as the background
  • Muhammad’s eyes isn’t really showing properly and Joel’s eyes are popping

6 comments:

  1. Great Tapa designs Dianne - did you know that tapa cloth (or simply tapa) is a barkcloth made in the islands of the Pacific Ocean, primarily in Tonga, Samoa and Fiji, but as far afield as Niue, Cook Islands, Futuna, Solomon Islands, Java, New Zealand, Vanuatu, Papua New Guinea and Hawaii (where it is called kapa). Keep blogging and commenting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Heather,
      I only knew what it was called in Tongan but not in all of those other beautiful cultures.

      Thank you for commenting on my blog,
      Ka Kite!

      Delete
  2. Good Evening Dianne,

    I am Samuel, Mrs. Tui's son, as you probably already know. I liked the small description of the origins of the name Twenty Seven Names and the interesting background behind it. I, in complete honesty did not no much about the origins of the brand name until I read this blog and I learnt a lot from it, so well done.

    I am also very impressed with the beautiful arrangement of tapa patterns and symbolisms that you have created. I like the creativity and wit that you put when giving the definition of the patterns that preside within the tapa cloth, for example the maze and the mountains symbolising the power of not giving up. I am enthused also at how your patterns all have a relevance and compliment each other not only from the representation and meaning, but also from an artistic point of view, is quite visually appealing.

    I am absolutely in awe with the pieces of artwork that you have chosen for activity 3. I like the wit you had in explaining the differences and similarities that these two masterpieces have. However, I don't really see the similarity in colour in the two pieces of artwork. I like how you chose options that might not be a first thought. This is magnificent work Dianne, well done.

    Kind Regards,
    Samuel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Evening Samuel,
      Thank you and I am really glad that you get what I was going with my Tapa patterns. Thank you for pointing out the difference in the two pieces of artwork about the colors.

      Thank you for commenting on my blog,
      Ka Kite!

      Delete
  3. Hi Dianne.
    It's Lukas.
    Great to see you blogging! Great work on all of the activitys. Also great work on describing the Similarities and Differences.
    Great Work Dianne!

    Kind Regards
    Lukas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lukas,
      Great work on blogging too and your hard work on the activities, thank you for commenting on my blog again.

      Ka Kite!

      Delete