Pages

Sunday 30 August 2020

My Book Review (Literacy)

 Sunday 30 August

My Book Review

Drama Graphic Novel – Newbury Comics

I have read 2 books in this lockdown and one of them is Drama by Raina Telgemeier. 

 

This book is about a girl named Callie who loves theater. And while she would like to try out for her middle school’s production of Moon over Mississippi, she can’t really sing. Instead she’s the set designer for the drama department’s stage crew, and this year she’s determined to create a set worthy of Broadway on a middle-school budget. But somehow she is supposed to manage this and drama onstage and offstage but when 2 cute brothers enter the picture, things get even crazier.


I have finished this book and I really like it because I can kind of relate to Callie because she’s been stressed and pressured to try and do her best with the theater and maybe even things outside of theater. I have been stressed and pressured to try my best with school because I am a year 8 and this is my last year of primary school so I need to leave with an outstanding report. 


My favourite part of the book is when one of the cute brothers played a girl role and wore a red dress with makeup for one of the scenes because the actual girl was sad about something so one of the brothers decided to step in for the girl. It was hilarious and brave at the same time.


I would definitely recommend this book to the age 9+ because it is quite easy to read with the pictures and I think it might be difficult for 8 year-olds. But if you can read comics then just read this book if you want to. 


No comments:

Post a Comment