Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 1

WEEK 1: A Place to Stand

Day 1. In the beginning…
Activity 1
Fun Facts:
  1. New Zealanders are also called kiwis but kiwi is not a fruit. It is New Zealand’s native flightless bird. I  chose this fun fact because I thought that kiwi is s fruit but when I read this fun fact I was shocked.
  2. The largest city in New Zealand is Auckland although its capital city is Wellington. I also chose this fun fact because I don’t really know that much cities in New Zealand except for Auckland. But I did know that Auckland was the largest city in New Zealand but I always wanted to know what was the second largest city in New Zealand.
  3. There are no snakes in the country!. Lastly, I chose this fun fact because I want to feel what if there is snakes in this country. Of course I would feel terrifying but I want to know how you can be their friend.




Activity 2
I was born in America but I now live in New Zealand like my whole life, New Zealand is special to me because if New Zealand wasn’t created or was found then I wouldn’t be in New Zealand I would will be in America with all those dangerous causes. I am so grateful for the maori people who was the founder of this island. America is also special to me because that is where I was born and I am representing my country and I am proud to be representing a country. New Zealand is like a missing puzzle that completes my life, and America is like the missing puzzle that completes my body. I really enjoy New Zealand because when I go to the beach I really love how the sand sinks my toes in and how the water makes my body have goosebumps. I heard angry and loud birds squawking while I was playing with the sand. I saw the tall and beautiful buildings as my family and I drove past the wonderful buildings. I felt like the amazing and invisible wind was going through my lovely body, I wonder if there the freezing and powerful ocean will take over the strong earth. I love America my hometown and I also love New Zealand







Activity 3
This is my footprint and I think that these are the things that you need to do before blogging something.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Dianne (I'm only commenting on activity 3)

    I love the layout of your digital footprint it is creative and when I read it, it shows me that you know how to stay safe and what to do when your online keep up the magnificent work and always keep safe online,

    Great work Dianne,

    Blog you later, Charis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charis,
      Thank you for commenting on my blog and of course I appreciate it.
      I look forward to see more of your blogging and you too keep up the great work, Charis.

      Delete
  2. Hi Dianne you did a great job I think those are great examples for this activity keep it on and I will see you next year bye From Francis:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Francis,
      Thank you so much for commenting on my blog and I really appreciate it. You have done a wonderful start for the summer learning journey and keep it up, Francis.
      See you next year too.

      Delete
  3. Hey Dianne,
    You are doing a great job with your Summer Learning Journey. I agree that you should not blog your full name or your address on your blog.
    Great job on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laki,
      Thank you for commenting on my blog, I appreciate it. You have also done a great job on blogging!. Keep it up!.

      Delete
  4. Hi Dianne,
    I really like the way you replied to everyone who commented on your blog. What were the dangerous causes in America? Who are the founders of New Zealand? Besides that you are doing really well.

    Best Wishes
    From
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christopher,
      First of all, thank you for commenting on my blog and of course I really appreciate it.

      Second of all, I don't know what are the causes in America because I was only a baby in America. The founders of New Zealand is some of the Maori people because I remember watching this video of Waitangi.

      You are doing amazing on your blog and keep up the wonderful blogging!.

      Delete
  5. Kia Ora Dianne,

    I'm Lee, one of the Summer Learning Journey blog commentors. You have made a great start to the activities! I've enjoyed reading your blog.
    I really liked the story of your hometown, I always wondered if people w ho were born in America keep some of their accent when they speak. Is that the case with you? The way you describe New Zealand is really amazing.
    I agree about stopping and checking something you are about to post to check that it is a smart footprint. I even do that with my blog comments! Do you think the rules for cyber safety are the same all around the world?

    I can't wait to read more of your writing,
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lee,
      Thank you for commenting on my blog and I really appreciate it.

      Thank you for saying that the way I described New Zealand is amazing and of course I appreciate it.

      No, I don't have a American accent but some words I pronounced different and I know that because my friends tell me that I say the words different to them.

      I think that the rules for cyber safety are different all around the world they might have this site that checks if it is all right to blog it.

      Delete
  6. Thanks Dianne,

    Really interesting to know that your pronounce some words differently!

    Keep up the great work.
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee

      Thank you for your comment. Have a great Christmas break.

      Delete
  7. Hi Dianne ,
    I really like the ways you have showed us on how to be safe online.

    Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Fiapo,
      Thank you for commenting on my blog and I appreciate it. You are doing an amazing job with the blogging, keep up the great work!

      Delete