Pages

Wednesday 20 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 3

Day 3 - It’s all in the Family
Activity 1 - The more, the Merrier
On your blog, please tell us how you would feel. Would you enjoy being a member of such a large family? Why or why not?


I would feel annoyed because I come from a big family they are very loud, I am the youngest
and it sucks being the youngest because I have to do the chores and chores isn’t my thing
that I like. I wouldn’t enjoy being a member of such a large family because then
they will touch my things without asking. They would also eat my food and we sleep together
they take up the whole space. They are very loud. I wouldn’t enjoy being a member of
such a large family because we might argue a lot.


Activity 2 - Acknowledging Ancestry
When you have completed your pepeha, post it on your blog. You could even post a video of you reading out your pepeha.
(The ones that I left those out is because I am not maori)
My Pepeha
Ko Mt Wellington te maunga
Ko Point England river te awa
Ko Silongo Lahi tōku tīpuna
Ko America ahau
Ko Toni rāua ko Ana ōku mātua  
Ko Dianne tōku ingoa.

Video link:



Bonus Activity - Fun Family Facts
On your blog, write two fun facts about each person. For example, my Nana plays the bagpipes!


Cousin (Lini):
1.The first thing that is my favourite thing to do in summer is to go to the beach.
2.The second thing that is my favourite thing to do in summer is to have a picnic.


The 2 fun facts about my cousin is that she likes to dance and she likes to watch
Korean movies.


Naomi (Sister):
1.The first thing that is my favourite thing to do is to eat dinner.
2.The second thing that is my favourite thing to do is to go out with my boyfriend.


The 2 fun facts about my sister is that she likes to go out to different places and have a
good time.


Asipeli (Brother):
  1. The first thing that is my favourite thing to do in summer is to get my summer body on.
  2. The second thing that is my favourite thing to do in summer is to play video games.


The 2 fun facts about my brother is that he likes to play video games and he like to play
loud songs on his speaker.

15 comments:

  1. Kia orana Dianne,
    Amazing work that you have done. Who is your favourite sibling? Keep up the amazing work. Merry Christmas and happy new year:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mya, thank you so much for commenting on my blog and I really appreciate it. To be honest I don't have a favourite, they are all my favourite. Merry Christmas and happy new year to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Dianne, thanks for completing another three activities. Awesome effort!

    I like how in your bonus activity post you have completed the activity as if it is your family members speaking. That's a great way to answer the question - I never thought about doing it that way. Creative!

    It sounds like you have a great family. What two facts would you write about yourself if someone was asking you what your two favourite things to do are?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Billy, thank you for commenting on my blog. The fun facts if someone was asking me is that I like to learn different sports and I hate dolls very much. My 2 favourite thing to do in the summer is to go to the beach and Spend time with family. :)

      Delete
  4. Hey again Dianne,

    thanks for sharing your Pepeha with us also. It was another clever way of posting it - putting your personal parts in red. Great idea!
    It has made it easy to see and understand what is significant to you.

    What is your favourite line from the Pepeha? What does it translate to?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Billy, Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. My favourite line is Ko Dianne tōku ingoa. It means in English that Dianne is my name.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing your opinions about whether or not you would like having a large family. You have stated some very convincing points about why it wouldn't be a good thing. I think you are right, nine is quite a lot! It would be noisy, messy and squashed.

    But can you think of any reasons why it might be good? I'd love to hear some more of your ideas.

    Keep up the great blogging.

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Billy again, Thank you for commenting on my blog again. I think it might good for lots of siblings is that they are always there for you no matter what and they can trust you.

      For me sometimes I like it when there's many siblings because they make me laugh and smile all the time.

      Delete
    2. Good morning, yeah that's a good point. You would always have a lot of people to play games and activities too.

      Billy

      Delete
  6. Hi there Dianne!
    I love how you told us why you didn't like being in a big family. It must be hard sharing a lot of space and people eating your food without permission. This was a great blog post, Merry Christmas!

    Danielle =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hey Danielle, thank you so much for commenting on my blog I really appreciate it. Merry Christmas and Happy New years. :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Dianne,

    I really like your video of your Pepeha. Great job! I am super impressed with the way you have kept up with blogging. I have a small family so I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like living in a large family. Now I know!

    Keep up the great writing!

    Mrs Middleton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sharon, Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. :)

      Delete
  8. Greetings to you Dianne,

    My name is Aletheia and I go to Tamaki Primary School and our school is also doing the summer learning journey programme.
    I really enjoy reading why you don't want a large family and I kind of agree with you but I also agreed on having a large family because how what you think might not happen like your family can communicate with you and also have fun so it is just like a 50,50 to me.
    I really enjoy reading your outstanding pepeha that you have written for your readers to check out plus you did a amazing job naming the your fun family facts there Dianna.

    Cheers,
    Aletheia!

    ReplyDelete