Pages

Thursday 28 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 3

Day 3 - The Great Depression (The 1930s)
Activity 1 - Dealing with Stress
On your blog, please tell us what you do when you want to relax or de-stress.
Do you read a favourite book,
watch a favourite television show or talk to someone special?
 What are your tips for dealing with stress?

When I want to relax or de-stress, I would usually go to sleep, read a book and watch
happy things on Youtube or listen to songs.


Activity 2 - Offering a Helping Hand
Imagine that you were alive in the 1930s. What could you have done to help these
families? On your blog, list three different
ways that you could raise funds for families to help them buy food and clothing.
Be as creative as you can with your fundraising ideas!

1. I would put on a car wash each day except for Saturday and Friday and the money
that I have, from the car wash I would send it to them.
2. I would send some food and drinks for them and healthy food so they can live better.
3. I would give them some of my clothes, my parents clothes and my siblings clothes
because we all have a lot of clothes.


Bonus Activity - Paying it Forward
Imagine that you were able to travel back in time to visit a family in the 1930s.
What special gifts or treats would you like to bring with you?
I would likely bring blocks of Whittaker’s chocolate, bags of Jet Planes and
Pineapple Lumps, healthy food snacks, clothing, and games for the children.
What about you?


I would bring these with me, for them chocolate - Black Forest, Kitkat, maltesers and
lollies - fruit burst, skittles, m&m's and red skins, Icecream - Boysenberry, Vanilla,
Hokey Pokey and cookies and cream , Fruits - apples, oranges, banana and berries,
 Chips, drinks - water, clothes, shoes and Vegetables - carrots, broccoli and cauliflower.
I would bring these things for them because I feel like they need things
like these to eat, some that are treat food and some healthy food.
I would also give them blankets to keep them warm.

4 comments:

  1. Hi there Dianne, I am so impressed with how much blogging you have been doing over the summer break. Well done and keep it up!

    Thank you for sharing some useful tips for how to reduce and relieve stress. I also find listening to music helps me to stay positive, that's why I listen to music a lot each day. I like to go for a walk or run, it's just great getting out of the house and breathing some fresh air.
    What sorts of things stress you out?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Billy, thank you so much for commenting on my blog. Things that stress me out is that when there is a question from anywhere I get really annoyed and then I get angry.

    Then I become stress. There other things that stress my but I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Dianne, thanks for completing another activity. It's great that you've been working so hard.

    I've enjoyed reading all the things that you'd take back to the 1930's. You sound like such a generous person. You might want to bring a few toothbrushes with you since you're bringing so many lollies and kinds of chocolate.

    It's great that you are bringing blankets too because they will last a lot longer than food.

    Great job!

    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again Dianne, I've enjoyed reading your plans to raise money for families in need. You sound like such a generous person, giving away your spare clothes and food and also spending your time running a car wash. You could also have a garage sale or use Trademe to get rid of anything you no longer need. I was reading another child's blog and they suggested organising and running a performance evening.

    Have you ever been apart of a fundraiser?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete