Pages

Tuesday 30 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 3

Day 3 - Groovy Man (The 1970’s)
Activity 1 - Ready to Roll
Watch the following three clips that were shown on the Ready to Roll programme:
When you have finished, rank the clips in order from your most favourite (#1) to your least favourite (#3).
Post your rankings on your blog.


1. My Favourite one is the Ray Columbus and the Invaders, this is my favourite
one because I love this song and because we sang this in the kids for kids. This is also my favourite
one because it’s a really good song to dance to, I also like the beat.


2. My Second Favourite one is Golden Harvest, this is my second because
I like the song but I just don’t like lyrics.


3. My Least Favourite one is New Zealand Underdogs, this is my least favourite
song because the song is really boring but I like how they play the instruments


Activity 2 - Bell Bottom Pants
Fashion in the 1970s was quite unique. Take a look at the pictures of a ‘typical’
1970s outfit and tell us, on your blog, two things that you like about 1970s fashion and two things that
you don’t like about the fashion of the day. I am not a huge fan of the patterned pants. What about you?
Two things that I like about the outfit:
1. The first thing that I like about the outfit is that I like the colours.
2. The second thing that I like about the outfits is when it’s too hot you can wear the skirt like the girl in the middle. When it’s
cold you can wear the pants like the boys are wearing.
Two things that I don’t like about the outfit:
1. The first thing that I don’t like about the outfit is that the girls outfit needs a more colors.
2. The second thing I don’t like about the outfit is that the boys outfit needs like a bow or a tie, to make their outfit pop out more.


Bonus Activity - A Bilingual Schooling System
Think about your school. What is one thing that you would like change. Would you like to learn about different things? Maybe
you think school should only be open 3 days a week?
On your blog, write a letter to your principal to try and convince him/her to
make the change. Ensure that your letter is polite and respectful.
The thing that I want to change is if we could do 4 days a week.


My Letter for the Principal
Dear Mr. Coakley,


I would like to ask you if you could change one thing. That one thing that
I would like you to change, is to only do 4 days a week.
I think it’s good for us kids and also good for you and the teachers to spend more time with families.


I would also like to learn about the food from different countries and taste
testing them and I would also like to learn about obama and donald trump and different people like that.

From, Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment