Pages

Tuesday 30 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 4

Day 4 - Perms and Lycra (The 1980’s)
Activity 1 - Hairy Maclary
On your blog, use the following sentence starter from the original book to finish the story.
“Out of the gate and off for a walk went Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy…”
To earn full points, your story should have, at least, 8-10 sentences.

Out of the gate and off for a walk went Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy and then I saw a butterfly flying in the air, I followed it and it leaded me to town. When I saw town I was amazed by people playing music, I couldn’t wait to explore town. While I was exploring, I saw a photographer taking a picture of a woman and her husband, I tried to be in the picture but the husband said “Shoo shoo, you smelly dog”. Then I went to the park where children was playing, I was playing with them, then they started to pat me with their hands and it was likeable. After that I could smell very delicious hot dog that someone was eating then I chased where it was coming from, then I found the person who was eating the hot dog. As I saw the person with the hot dog, I jumped and I was able to get a big amount of the hot dog, the tomato and mustard got on my lips I licked it, it was very enjoyable. After that I wanted to find somewhere shady because it was getting really really hot, then I found the perfect spot, underneath the tree, I fall of to sleep for 10 minutes and then I headed back home. When I went back to home I had a really cool ice bath, it was very very cool.

Activity 2 - The Big ‘OE’
Imagine that you are a student in the 1980s and you’re about to graduate from high school. Where would you like to go on your big OE? On your blog tell us which country you would visit and give us three (3) reasons for your choice. Find some pictures on the internet of things that you would like to see and do in this country.
I would go to China.
1. The first reason why I want to go China is because I want to go to the great wall of China and learn interesting facts about it.
2. The second reason why I want to go to China is because I want to know what they do on special occasions.
3. The third reason why I want to go to China is because I want to explore the towns and what kind of food they have.

Image result for chinaImage result for china






Bonus Activity - The 4 O’Clock News
Imagine that you were Scotty Morrison and you were able to interview anyone you wanted. I would choose to interview our new prime minister, Jacinda Ardern. I’d love to know what it is like to be the Prime Minister.  What about you? Who would you choose to interview and why? What would you like to find out?

I would chose Obama because I want to learn some fun facts about him. I would like to found out how does it feel to meet some celebrities. Another thing that I want find out about him is how does he deal with the haters that hate on him. I would also like to know how he became the president and what did it take to become the president. I would also like to know what is the one thing that he hates about being president.

No comments:

Post a Comment