Pages

Tuesday 30 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 4 Day 1

Week 4 - Contemporary Kiwis
Day 1 - Turn of the Century (2000-2010)
Activity 1 - Celebrating a win
On your blog, tell us what you and your family do to celebrate special events, such as birthdays. Do you have a special meal or go to a specific place? In our house, we usually make a pizza and bake a special cake. What about you?
What my family and I do to celebrate events is that my mum cooks Tongan food and then we like to eat what she cooks. On Christmas day which is also my birthday, we celebrate by having a tent outside, in the front and my mum cooks food for us, like chicken, sausages, potato salad and salad. Then they sing happy birthday to me and I open up my presents. At night time, we also celebrate Jesus’s Birthday too. What I like to do sometimes on Christmas is to pray to Jesus and saying happy Birthday to him and thank you for what he has done for us.


Activity 2 - Lord of Rings
Imagine that instead of spending the money on the movies, Peter Jackson decided to give all of this money to you. Lucky you! On your blog, tell us what you would do with $300 million dollars. How would you spend it? It is a lot of money so please think carefully about it and spend it wisely :-)
What I would do with $300 million dollars is probably give $100,000 to the poor people. I would spend it on my family. Another thing that I would do with $300 million dollars is get some clothes, shoes and go on vacation with my family to Fiji or Hawaii.

Bonus Activity - The Rise Of The Selfie
In honour of the rise in popularity of the ‘selfie,’ take a selfie and post it on your blog. Try to show us at least one of your hobbies or one your favourite things (maybe a special toy or book). For example, here is a selfie of Hazel drinking a big mug of tea, and Rachel with her son, Aronui, attending a Paw Patrol show!


One of my hobbies is reading books and I love reading books but not that much because I like spending time on different things. I love reading because you get to learn new words and the definition of them, you can maybe get ideas from the book for your writing if you are writing a story or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment