Pages

Friday 28 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 5

Day 5. Wasting Away
Activity 1
I think that the rule is fair because if those people go fishing on the restricted area and if they have to pay $100,000 well then it’s those people’s fault because they didn’t listen and they should of listened. But I think that the fine should just take it down a bit like $900,000 or $700,000 because $100,000 for me is way too much money for someone to pay.

Activity 2

  1. Selwyn river, it is located at Waikirikiri, Canterbury. I couldn’t find the solution for the Selwyn river.
  2. Manawatu river, it is located at Wanganui. I also couldn’t find the solution for the Manawatu river or maybe I am just really bad at searching things on Google.





Activity 3

  1. Maybe you can sell everything that you don’t need and maybe your family’s things that they don’t need.
  2. Maybe you can have a car wash for like the windows for like $10 and then the whole car for like $20.
  3. Maybe you can give out raffle tickets and pay for that raffle tickets and then if you win and then maybe you can win a bike or a brand new car.

4 comments:

  1. Mōrena Dianne,

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts on whether the $100,000 for a fine is fair enough or not! I totally agree with you that people should take this as a serious warning and not fish in prohibited areas if they don't want to be paying that much money! Just a friendly reminder that I think you've forgotten to take out the zeros from the numbers you've mentioned - did you mean $90,000 and $70,000? These numbers are way too big and I understand how it could get so confusing!

    I can see that you've chosen Selwyn river and Manawatu river to talk about. I came across this website that tells you EVERYTHING you need to know about Selwyn river. If you keep scrolling down, it tells you the human and non-human factors that has had affected the condition of this river. Good news is that restorative measures are underway to address certain concerns! You should definitely check out this website if you were struggling to find much information about Selwyn river :)
    * https://www.agriview.nz/fact-check/2018/9/10/qa-the-selwyn-river

    Here is also another useful website you can visit to find out about the 'Manawatu River Clean-up'.
    * https://www.forestandbird.org.nz/branches/horowhenua/manawatu-river-clean

    Do you think you can have a read through these websites to add a couple more sentences to your post? I know it can be quite challenging to find different sources on the internet but you will improve over time. Just make sure to use different key words when you are searching (e.g. pollution, clean up, maintain, sustain).

    Have an awesome day and I'm looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Susie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mōrena Susie,
      Yes, I do mean that and I have forgotten about that, I am so sorry for the confusion that I have given you if that makes any sense.

      Thank you for the websites that I needed and thank you for the second website that I also needed.

      You have a awesome and fantastic day!
      Thanks, Susie
      Dianne

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Dianne,

    My name is Mikey. I'm a member of the Summer Learning Journey team along with Lee, Patricia, Sophie and Izzy. I'm so pleased that you took part in the programme this year and decided to keep your literacy learning going throughout the summer holidays - he whetu koe! (You're a star!) :)

    You've come up with some great fundraising ideas for the Great Barrier Reef. Having a raffle is a good idea - my netball club does one every season to raise money for uniforms and equipment. It's a great, easy way to fundraise.
    Have you done any of these fundraisers before?

    Bye for now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Mikey,
      Than you for commenting on my blog and I have not done any of those fundraisers before but I would love to try it someday.

      Thank you for saying that I am a star and is that Maori words? and hope to see you soon.

      Thanks Mikey,
      Dianne

      Delete