Pages

Saturday 22 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 5

Day 5. Blink and you’ll miss it
Activity 1
I think that loggers should be allowed in New Zealand because if they want to build buildings like in towns and if the trees are in the way then cutting the trees is a helpful thing to build buildings and things like that.

I also think that loggers should be allowed in New Zealand because there might be too much trees and they want to cut some trees off.

I also think that loggers should be allowed in New Zealand because there might be MASSIVE and small trees in the way.


Activity 2
My letter:
Dear Dad (Toni)
It is really cold here in Tundra and it feels like I am in the freezer of our fridge, except it doesn’t have food. On our way here, I did snow angels and they were beautiful and interesting, Interesting because for me it didn’t look like a snow angel and why do the people call it snow angels?. Beautiful because it looked interesting and wonderful at the same time, when I saw the mountains I had to tilt my head all the way up because it was so TALL and GIGANTIC.

Activity 3

New Zealand is a wonderful and crazy country, the food in New Zealand is just amazing and delicious well most of them. People from the streets playing music that is going through my ear to the other ear is making me move my body. The way the water moves between my toes is smoothing and relaxing, it makes me want to go to sleep. The vibe is amazing, filled with so many possibilities and choices that will just explode. It may be a small country but it is filled with so many things to do, so many places to see, and so many choices of places to eat.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Dianne,

    Thank you for sharing your honest opinion on whether logging should be allowed in New Zealand or not. It is important to acknowledge where and why we need certain amounts of wood for - but not to cut down a whole lot which could possibly lead to us destroying the nature. I think it would be a great idea for us to take as much time and effort trying to build more trees to balance things out. Cutting trees can be done quickly but for a single tree to grow over time, it would take much longer. What do you think?

    I enjoyed reading your stories about the visit to Tundra and how amazing it is to live in New Zealand. You have been very clear and elaborate with your style of writing which made me feel as if I was sharing the experience with you. I love how you described different sensations such as listening to music on the streets and feeling the water on your toes.

    We are all blessed to be living in our bodies - we should always treasure each moment we come across in life because it is all part of the experience.

    Keep up the good work Dianne. You have done a fabulous job!

    Happy blogging,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malo Lelei Susie,
      Thank you so much for commenting on my blog and I agree with you that it would so long to grow a single tree.

      Thanks, Susie
      Dianne

      Delete