Pages

Friday 21 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 3

Day 3. Awesome Animals
Activity 1
My beast has a name and his name is Cicada because he makes weird  and loud noises, he has hazel eyes flashing with lightning bolts, he has shiny teal scales that shimmers in the sunlight. He has a fierce scar at the edge of his eyes, he has 2 long and old horns that protects his face from whatever he is doing. When he’s angry, he storms outside of his house and goes for a walk and lets out his anger before he takes it out on other people and he doesn’t like that.

Activity 2
Pros:
The animals will know how to treat a human being.
You are protecting something that is created by God.
You experience being a doc ranger and when people want to have advice from that person who is worker from Doc Ranger, then that doc ranger worker will tell them the advice that they need in their situation.

Cons:
The animal might give birth and you might not what to do but then all you do is   just staring.
The animal might run away and don’t listen to you and then you get fired.
The animal might not like you and might start to attack you.


Activity 3
The name of the animal that they are going to be saving is Saimaa ringed seal.
The people are building snow banks to save the animals.

If they had any success then the pups would be able to live with their families and their families will be so happy and pleased because I know that parents or families don’t like it when they have lost a child if their own.

4 comments:

  1. Tena Koe Dianne,

    My name is Susie and I am one of the Blog Commenters for the Summer Learning Journey (SLJ) team this year. It is great to see that you've made it to the end of the journey. A huge congratulations from myself and the team - we are super proud of you!

    I enjoyed reading the story about your Fantastic Beast named Cicada. I love how you've used lots of descriptive words in your writing. As a reader, I was able to imagine this beast come to life in my imaginary world. What does your beast usually like to eat and what does his house look like? Does it usually wander around the forest? I am quite curious.

    I like how you have mentioned DOC rangers giving each other advice as on of the pros. It is super important to train the new staff when they first set foot in the job. As you have summarised on your list of cons, everything is unpredictable when we are working with animals in the wild. Considering all these facts, would you like to become a DOC ranger yourself? Why or why not?

    The video clip about freshwater seals was super informative and eye-opening. What was your favourite part of the clip? It was great to see how teamwork can make such a big difference when it comes to making small changes in the world. How did you feel after watching this video?

    I hope you stay around and continue blogging with us over the next few weeks Dianne! Remember this is your personal blog so you are always welcome to create posts about your day and share the stories with us :)

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Susie,
      Thank you for commenting on my blog and I actually got Cicada from The Flash because I love watching kind of those movies like Super Girl, The Avengers and more. My Beasts does wander around the forests to go catch some slimy fish and rats, he also eats bananas. His house look like a MASSIVE mansion and he has it all to himself and that's how he likes it.

      I would not like to become a DOC ranger because it can be dangerous and I don't like doing dangerous things. But I do like doing things that are dangerous and entertaining at the same time. What about you?

      After watching the video it made me feel confusing but then I watched the video again and then it wasn't confusing anymore for me.

      Thanks, Susie
      Dianne

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Dianne,

      Thank you for describing what your beast loves to eat and what his mansion looks like! I think you have done a great job creating this Fantastic Beast using your endless imagination.

      I personally would not want to be a full-time DOC ranger because I would have to leave my friends and family behind to travel to animal reserves (the islands). However there are lots of different ways to participate in saving animals and one of my goals is to become a volunteer for an organisation named SPCA. Have you heard of them before? SPCA is short for 'Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals' and they help save over 45,000 animals per year in NZ!

      I am with you for enjoying activities that give us adrenaline rush. I'd probably say activities like skydiving or bungee jumping interest me even though I am scared of heights. Maybe one day I'll be brave enough!

      It is great talking to you Dianne, have an awesome week!

      From Susie :)

      Delete
    3. Malo Lelei Susie,
      I have never heard of SPCA and maybe I can experience it one day. It is also great talking to you too, Susie.

      Cheers, Susie
      Dianne

      Delete