Pages

Wednesday 26 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 3

Day 3. First you sea me now you don’t
Activity 1
Sometimes I am a night owl because sometimes I like to sleep in and wake up around 12:30 or 1:00. Sometimes I am a early riser because when is something happening in the morning and we have to go to a occasion, then I wake up around 5:50 or 6:10. My Mother and father are a early riser because they have run errands and they also have jobs. My older brother, I don’t know about him because he lives far away from the family and same as my second oldest sister, my second oldest brother I also don’t know because he lives in Australia and he also lives with his family. Since I live with my oldest sister she is sometimes both because the youngest baby is like a alarm to her but then sometimes the baby sleeps in if she is very tired. My 21 sister I really don’t know because I don’t live with her and my 15 year old brother is a night owl because he plays fortnite to the night and he wakes up around like 12 or 11:0

Activity 2
My favourite food is Ota and here are the ingredients:
  • Raw fish
  • Cream
  • Tomato
  • Onions

My other favourite food/drink is Otai and it is a Tongan drink that has slices of fruits:
  • Mango
  • Coconut - Optional
  • Pineapple
  • Milk
  • Sugar
  • Water.


Activity 3

I think that the answer is 40 because 20 + 10 is 30 and 5 + 5 is 10 then you add 10 and 30 which is 40. That is how I worked out the answer out.

2 comments:

  1. Hi again Dianne

    Thanks for writing such a thorough description of all the night owls and early risers. It is good that you are able to both enjoy a late night and get up early. What kind of events do yo get up early for?

    I have never had ota and otai but otai sounds so delicious.I really want to try it. Are there any places in Auckland that you know of that sell it? If I were to make it at home would I need to use a blender?

    Great work solving the midnight zone maths problem. I like how you worked it out in smaller steps to make the maths easier to understand. Is your answer for both adults and children or just one?

    Bye for now!

    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good afternoon Izzy,
      I get up early for Church and other important Tongan occasions and there is this shop in Panmure that they make Otai and the name of the shop is Melina. It is a Tongan shop that sells different Tongan food that you could try out.

      No, You wouldn't need to use the blender it is handmade and I think that it could be for children because I feel that the adults should know what the answer is.

      Thanks, Izzy
      Dianne

      Delete