Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 2

Day 2. Forest Life
Activity 1
Of course, I would like the to go visit Tane Mahuta because I want to feel what the other people feel like when they go and meet Tane Mahuta. I also want to go visit him because I want to learn facts about him because I really enjoy learning about new things and I like to connect the thing that I don’t know with my prior knowledge. I also want to go visit the endemic tree because I want to know Does it die? How does it die? Or can you regrow it?
Lastly, I would be one of those people because I want to go visit with my friends and family then it would be fun.


Activity 2
These are the three teams that have ferns:
The first one is Black Ferns
The second one is Silver Ferns
The last one is Kiwi Ferns
My favourite one is Silver Ferns because I love playing netball and I love to play Netball.
My second favourite is the Black Ferns because I think that it’s pretty simple and it’ good that it’s not like all the rainbow, black and white fits the uniform.
Lastly, I like the Silver Ferns a little bit because the V is such a clever idea and I couldn’t think of that.
Image result for Black Ferns uniformImage result for Silver Ferns UniformImage result for Kiwi Ferns Uniform


Activity 3
I think that the answer is 1095 millilitres in 1 full year, because 3 x 5 is 15, 3 x 60 is 180 and then 3 x 300 is 900. Then all we have to do now is to add all the answers together, so 900 + 180 is 1080 and then 1080 + 15 is 1095.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dianne,
    I really enjoy the great information you put in the first activity with some detail. Do you that the endemic tree die? Or how does the endemic tree die? Or can you regrow the endemic tree?


    I liked the information you have put there in Activity 2 but it is quite wrong. It says on the instruction. On your blog list three sports teams that have the word ‘fern’ in their title. Beside each team’s name, post a picture of their uniform. Then, at the bottom of your blog post tell us which of the three uniforms you like best and why.

    On Activity 3 you have done an outstanding place value you have done there I absolutely understand your answer and how you got the answer.
    Excellent job Dianne!
    From Etuale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Etuale,
      Thank you for commenting on my blog and of course I really appreciate it, but I don' really quiet get your first question.
      Please explain to me what you mean so I cant reply back to you.

      Delete
  3. Aloha Dianne,

    I like how you showed your thinking of the maths problem.
    Good blogging by the way.
    From your fellow class mate Solomone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Solomone,
      Thank you for commenting on my blog and I appreciate it!
      You are also doing great and keep up with the wonderful blogging.

      Delete
  4. Kia Ora Dianne,

    I'm really enjoying reading your blog and seeing your completed activities!

    Firstly let me say that your maths is spot on - well done! Do you enjoy doing maths in School?
    Your reasons for wanting to go and visit Tane Mahuta are very convincing. I guess it will die eventually, but it is thousands of years old so it certainly lives a long time! I am lucky enough to have been there.

    It's great to see you using images to illustrate your blog posts. Every time that we use an image on our blog, it's really important that we tell our readers where we found it, and give credit to the owner of the picture. To properly credit a picture you will need to include a link to the site where you found the image. We have created a guide that you might find helpful. You can check it out here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VKjkMGwBrk2YI6Vtmg91OAQljr_T3ZSV6YZtu6MWFNM/edit
    You will need to follow these instructions to earn full points for any Summer Learning Journey activity that has asked you to post an image.

    Keep up this amazing work Dianne, it's great!
    - Lee


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Lee,
      Thank you for commenting on mu blog and when I was in room 3 I didn't like maths because it was too hard for me. Then when I came into room 5 and when Mrs Middleton was teaching me she made me realised that it's not hard for me, it's just that I need to let my brain think about it. Now that she has made me realise that I am been enjoying maths now.

      Delete