Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 3

Day 3. Taking Flight
Activity 1
The bird that I have chosen is the Black Robin and I have chosen that because it says that the bird is in some serious trouble and I wanted to see why it is in serious trouble. The Black Robin is small and it is black all over his body and when he speaks it sounds like he or she is singing a song.  The beak is also black and it is king of shiny too and it is so small that it could fit in someone’s hand. The eyes is also pitch black and when I first saw the Black Robin I was so frightened by the eyes because I thought that the bird was a demon bird or something like that. But then I got used to it and I think that it lives on the trees on South East, I think that it eats worms, grubs, wetas and cockroaches.Image result for Black Robin



Activity 2
The superpower that I would want is to fly because I want to experience what it feels like to be your body in the middle of the air. I also would want to fly because I can just fly anywhere whenever I want and instead of walking I can just fly which is way faster then walking. I also want that superpower because I could do AWESOME and AMAZING tricks.



Activity 3
The animal that I chosen from the site is the flying snake and here is my DLO (Digital Learning Object)


3 comments:

  1. Hello again Dianne, it's Billy here from the Summer Learning Journey programme. Happy new year! Hope you're having a wonderful holiday with your family.

    I loved reading about your choice of superpower. I would also choose to have the ability to fly. It would be so fun to cruise over to your friend's house or the shops. You could rescue people from dangerous situations like a burning building or a sinking ship. You could skip traffic so easily.

    It would give you a different perspective of everything as well. You could see what the land looks like from above. You could be helpful during a natural disaster, like a flood or an earthquake.

    What would be your second choice for a superpower?

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Billy,
      Thank you so much for commenting on my blog again and of course! I really appreciate it.

      I really like your reasons why you also want to fly because there is a lot of dangerous things happening in the world that we don't even know that even happened.

      Like there is a Tongan boy that went missing on the ocean and his name Leka and his family and cousins are praying for him to arrive back. A friend of mine told me this and as soon has my ears heard this I felt like I lost my heart.

      My second choice for a superpower would be super strength because ability with super strength then I would probably be like Super girl.

      I also would want super strength to be my second choice for a superpower because I can be strong and tough, I can also help my parents with everything that they need if it is heavy to lift.

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Dianne,

    I think you have done an awesome job writing a descriptive paragraph about the bird you have chosen. I like how you have talked about the visual features (appearances) of Black Robin and expressed it as a demon bird. I can see why! This tiny bird is pitch-black from top to bottom and I'm sure it would be challenging to spot one at night unless it chirps to sing a beautiful song. Did you end up finding what sort of serious trouble this bird is in?

    One of my personal favourites from the 'Forest and Bird' website would have to be Hihi (Stitchbirds) because they have beautiful coloured feathers and apparently they also have a most colourful love life - how interesting!

    I also loved reading about flying snakes on your DLO. What a unique name to give a snake that glides on ground. I was intrigued by this species of reptile and wanted to find out more. Apparently they flatten out their bodies and parachute or glide from high spots to lower spots, just like flying squirrels do. Their motion would be much quicker because the snake's body is super thin and long.

    Are you afraid of snakes at all? We are lucky that we're living on a snake-free land, aren't we?

    Keep up the awesome work,
    Susie :)

    ReplyDelete