Pages

Friday 11 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 4 Day 5

Day 5. The Sky’s The Limit
Activity 1
  1. I would pick up the rubbish every time I see one or if someone doesn’t pick it up and saw it then I would say “You saw it and don’t ignore it, make the world a better place”
  2. Second thing that I would do is go swim and see if the sea animals are dying and make them better by taking them to a doctor and make them better.
  3. Third thing that I would do is help the poor people with all my heart and maybe tell them to pass it on.


Activity 2
  1. Lion Cub
  2. Polar Bear
  3. Black Jaguar
Similarities:
They all have ears that are shaped similar
They all can have babies
They are all fury and fluffy
Differences:
They live different places
They have different eye colour
They are different colours
The one that I would like to adopt 1 day is either the Lion Cub or the Black Jaguar because they both look cute and I love their eyes.
Lion CubPolar BearBlack Jaguar

Activity 3

  1. The thing that I have learnt from participating is that story about the 7 sisters.
  2. 1 thing that surprised me that this programme was easy but it was kind of challenging which I loved.
  3. Something that concerned me was that the birds were in danger and wasn’t healthy.
  4. 1 one thing that my family and I are doing to protect the natural environment is to keep recycling and no littering.

4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Dianne,

    Congratulations on finishing the Summer Learning Journey for this year! It is a huge accomplishment!! I hope that you really enjoyed the journey and that you learned a lot about the environment. I'm glad to read that you found some of the programme easy and some of it challenging. We were trying to have activities that were a combination of hard/easy to keep you motivated but not too overwhelmed!

    Like you, I am concerned that we have birds that are endangered and animals that could really use our help and support. I hope that we can do everything in our power to protect and preserve the environment for the next generation.

    Wishing you a great summer! If you have time please consider continuing with the journey by posting positive comments on the blogs of other students who are participating. You can find links to their blogs on our twitter feed:https://sites.google.com/a/manaiakalani.org/connected-learners-share/sljtwitterfeeds.

    See you online again soon, I hope!

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Rachel,
      Thank you so much for commenting on my blog and I really enjoyed doing the programme, I think that it's fun and we can learn new things too.
      When I first experienced this programme I was crying because I didn't want to do it and I begged my mother to not do it but as i was going along with it I got really used to it. It was actually fun and great.

      Hope to see you online again soon too.

      Thanks Rachel,
      Dianne

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Dianne,

    Congratulations on completing the Summer Learning Journey! We have been really impressed by your blogging this summer. It is awesome to hear that you loved the SLJ even though it was a bit challenging. Sometimes a bit of a challenge is fun, isn't it?

    Keep up the great blogging! We hope to have you blogging with us again in the next Summer Learning Journey. I will see you at school in February for assembly :)

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Sophie,
      Thank you for commenting on my blog and it is fun when there is a bit of a challenge thing to do. Hope to see you at school too!

      Thanks Sophie,
      Dianne

      Delete