Pages

Thursday 3 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 4

Day 4. Like A Scene Out Of A Movie
Activity 1
L - Lights flickering on and off repeatedly
I - I am in a world full of surprises
G - Getting blinded my the beautiful southern lights
H - Hotter and hotter by the minute
T - There is different colors dazzling through the lights
S - Sunlight sparkling in my body, making me get sunburns


Activity 2
Matai’s brothers fell in love with these beautiful womens they all fell in love with
the womens, those ladies are not their kinds Matai told them.
The brothers took the ladies back to their village to make them their wives.
They began to be skinny and their good looks began to fade away.
When Rongo’s wife returned he asked her where has she been and
she was in a horrible rage, then Rongo told Matai that all the wives vanished,
that made Matai suspicious. Matai heard that the wahine were going to
starve his brothers to death and Matai flew to his brother and told them what
happened, they made a plan that they should send them far away.
The next morning as the wives returned to the village the brother trapped
them in a net and sent them to the Uru, God of stars once a year Uru let the
7 sisters have a chance to shine.


Activity 3
This is the photo that I have chosen it and I have chosen it because
it is cool how the cloud gather other clouds to create something.
Looking at the matache makes me feel like I am the mustache made out
of a cloud and the mustache also makes me feel like I am in the 90s or 80s
because that mustache is like what the mens wore in the 90s and 80s I think.
The mustache that I am looking at a perfect mustache, I think that if the other
clouds around the mustache will gather and make something to complete the
mustache.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dianne

    Wow, I love the acrostic poem that you wrote using the word 'lights'. You have used some wonderful adjectives (descriptive words). Dazzling is my favourite.

    Your retelling of 'The Seven Stars of Matariki' is great. Were you already familiar with the story or was it new for you?

    Way back in the 80s/90s my dad had a moustache just like this. He also had a big fluffy beard. Maybe the other clouds would form the rest of the face?

    bye for now,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Izzy,
      Thank you for commenting on my blog again and the story was actually new for me.

      Yes, I agree that the other clouds will form a face.

      Thanks, Izzy
      Dianne

      Delete