Pages

Tuesday 8 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 4 Day 2

Day 2.  Protecting our Own
Activity 1
I think that going to zip lining in Rotorua is going to be fun and awesome and I feel like it’s going to be a amazing experience for me because I have never been zip lining. I think that I would feel horrified because it could be so high and what if I fall?, I also think that it is going to be enjoyable for me because I have seen people on YouTube zip line and it is funny because they drop their phones. I also think that it is going to be terrific because I love that the breeze is going through my body and the wind feels so relaxing for me.


Activity 2

  1. Apples - I love this fruit
  2. Plums - I love it but not the sourness
  3. Raspberries - because I have never tasted them
  4. Carrots - It is healthy for me
  5. Watermelon - To make otai (Tongan Drink)
  6. Broccoli - because I like this veggie
  7. Corn - I love this
  8. Grapes - I love to eat this
  9. Lu - To make Lu Sipi (Tongan Food)
  10. Mangos - This is my favourite fruit.

Activity 3
The project that I found that was interesting was Protecting Cambodia’s coastal and marine environments and I find this interesting because I am wondering how do you protect Cambodia’s environments or how do you protect environments in New Zealand.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dianne

    I can empathise with the mixed emotions you would feel going zip lining. I am really scared of heights and the idea of dangling above a forest and moving at speed is really scary. However, I also think it would be an amazing new experience once I was there. Who would you take with you zip lining and why?

    Great list of fruit and veg that you would grow in your garden. Raspberries are my favourite fruit but they are very expensive so I don't have them very often. I hope you get to try them soon. What is Lu Sipi? I have never tried it before.

    You make an interesting point about the relationship between conservation in Cambodia and conservation in New Zealand. Do you think there are any points that New Zealand can take on board?

    Ngā mihi,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Izzy,
      Thank you so much for commenting on my blog again and I would take my best friend Silia because she is the reason why I am smiling everyday. Without her I would be nothing and who would you take zip lining and why?.

      Lu Sipi is this Tongan meal and I can't remember what is inside but it is covered with taro leaves.

      I don't think that there are any point that New Zealand can take on board. What about you?

      Cheers, Izzy
      Dianne

      Delete
    2. Hi again Dianne

      I really love reading how you describe your best friend Silia. That is so special and you are incredibly lucky to have that kind of friendship in your life. She sounds like the perfect person to take with you. I would take my partner Kieran. Neither of us have ever been zip lining but we both want to try it. I would be a fun adventure to share with each other.

      I managed to find a recipe for Lu Sipi (I think). Is it lamb inside it? The photos I saw looked really yummy.

      I don't know if there are any direct actions that we can implement. However, I always think there are lessons to learn from other countries conservation efforts. Everything is worth a try when it comes to saving the environment.

      Thanks for the reply Dianne.

      Izzy

      Delete
    3. Malo Lelei Izzy,
      Yes, you are correct and Lu Sipi is very delicious and enjoyable for me.

      Thanks for the reply Izzy,
      Dianne

      Delete