Pages

Wednesday 25 December 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 3

Wednesday 25 December 
Week 2: I have a Dream…
Day 3: Women’s Rights
Activity 1: The Right to Vote
Image result for rosa parks
For Kate’s replacement, I would chose Rosa Parks because she has made a change that needed to be changed in the world, I think that Rosa Parks is an amazing woman because she fought for what was right. I also think that she is an amazing woman because I feel like if there was anything that needed to be changed, I feel like Rosa would make that change. I also chose Rosa because she is very brave and she is well known for making a change. 

Activity 2: The Right to an Education
This is a story that I decided to write about me losing someone that I love.

Gone But Never Forgotten 
It was heavier than I expected…
I was joyful eating with my friends then I got a call from Detective Lance, I thought it was just another case but it’s worse than that, when Detective Lance told me that my brother died in a car crash the news just went into my right ear and out to the left ear. 

I left the phone to slip to the ground and dropped down on my knees, “Annie!” my friends shouted came to try pick me up from the ground. “I have to go home now, right NOW!!!”  I screamed immediately “What happened?” Veronica asked “M-m-my….mum is d-d-dead” I said with a cracked voice. 


“Dad!!! Dad” I cried, his arms was open and was ready for me to hug him, “Shhh baby, it’s gonna be okay” My dad trying to calm me down. “The road was very slippery and it was pouring so hard, another car crashed into him” Detective Lance explained 

*2 weeks later the funeral was over, Annie and her father moved on from the death of their beloved mother but there were times that they thought of her.*

Activity 3: Bell of the Ball
Image result for carla's sandwich

Carla’s sandwich is about a who is named Carla and she brings different sandwiches everyday to school, she brings like peanut butter, crackers and cheddar cheese in a pita bread or banana with cottage cheese. She gets teased by students in her class but she still brings weird sandwiches. Carla and her class had a picnic and when a boy who teases Carla because of her sandwiches forgets his lunch, Carla gives him one of her sandwich and he actually liked it. Everyone tried it and everyone liked it so they started bringing weird sandwiches to school everyday. 

I like this book because Carla was just being herself and she didn’t even change herself because other people were teasing her just because she was bringing weird sandwiches everyday. Being yourself is what matters, I would like to say this because I know that a lot of people judge, Don’t judge a book by its cover.

4 comments:

  1. Kia orana Dianne,
    For Activity 1, I like the person you chose(Rosa Parks). I think she would make a great replacement for the 10$ note, but I only have one question, does the person have to be from New Zealand or any country. But other than that great job.

    Great work
    Jerome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Orana Dianne,
    For activity 2, I like your idea for your story (losing someone you love/losing loved ones). I think that this is a very creative idea that you have thought of and a very sad one, but it's a great story.

    Great work
    Jerome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Orana Dianne,
    For activity 3, I like the book that you have chose (Carla's Sandwhich), I have read the book myself, and it makes Carla look like a very clever, artistic and creative person. Great choice.

    Great work
    Jerome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog posts on all 3 activities Dianne - which was your favourite? Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete